We’re starting to get into regular viewings of TV and movies, but the holidays will definitely put a stop to that. Here’s my wrap up of some of the movies, television shows, music, and other media that I’ve consumed and thought was worth sharing for the month of November 2018.
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs – Technically not a movie, but a collection of short stories or vignettes. It was really good. I wish some segments were longer, particularly The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. The rest of the vignettes were all really good.
Hearts Beat Loud – Give me anything Nick Offerman. This was a decent little feel-good movie about a widower raising a daughter trying to find her place in the world shortly before going off to college, struggling with her dream of becoming a doctor, and her natural talent as a musician.
The Christmas Chronicles – This movie was better than I expected it to be, I just wish it leaned a little harder on the 80s campy action bend that I was hoping for with Kurt Russell.
The Death of Stalin – Totally absurd and hilarious. If you love Veep, this is for you.
Trever Noah: Son of Patricia – I don’t find Noah funny. A few of his stories got a chuckle from me, but overall he’s not for me.
Adam Sandler 100% Fresh – I was not going to watch this at all, but a few people on Twitter said it was worth the watch. It’s not a true return to form, but it’s pretty close. Some of the stuff was really funny, some fell flat. But the things that worked worked really, really well. The special totally played to Sandler’s strengths.
Daredevil Season 3 – Daredevil is probably my favorite Marvel character (as far as the comics go, MCU is a different story). This is definitely my favorite “MCU show”. I put that in quotes because it takes place in the same universe, but unfortunately there have been no crossovers. Hell, even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. got Sif, Maria Hill, and Nick Fury cameos. Season 3 was so good, I’m really bummed Netflix cancelled it, but it most likely has something to do with the forthcoming Disney streaming service.
- Don’t Deserve Love by Bad Sports (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Being Around by Our Girl (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Slow Talkin’ by Haley Heynderickx and Max García Conover (Apple Music / Spotify)
- All On My Mind by Anderson East (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Can’t You See by Fidlar (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Ghost by Badflower (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Sold by Liily (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Samaritans by Idles (Apple Music / Spotify)
- She’s Kerosene by The Interrupters (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Yellow by False Heads (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Apocalypse Now (& Later) by Laura Jane Grace & the Devouring Mothers (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Move by Pretty Vicious (Apple Music / Spotify)
- Grow into a Ghost by Swearin’ (Apple Music / Spotify)
Mini Metro (App Store / Google Play) – I’m always on the hunt for new casual games, and this one is a lot of fun. The premise of the game is that you have to connect subway stations across a city. The city constantly grows, and riders show up to stations all the time and they all have a very specific destination in mind. You need to make sure that enough stations are connected to each other for transfers and that you have enough tunnels and bridges so riders can get to their destinations before the wait time at a specific station hits the tipping point.